Full Moon in Sorrento: A Day Of Meditation & Sound Healing
Sat, 18 December @ 9:30 am – 5:00 pm Australia/Perth
Join a day of spontaneous blessings in a created sacred space!
Year end is a time to reflect, let go and replenish. Before new year let us clear away any difficulties left in the shadows of our hearts from this difficult year.
Khandro Thrinlay Chodon will give a special meditation transmission and teachings from her ancient Himalayan yogic lineage. This will ground the day and connect you to the authentic practice of sages past. Silent meditation, chanting and sound baths will infuse this full moon day and guide us toward deep healing and replenishment.
The entire day will be connecting with the divine through body, speech and mind, infusing all with sacred energy and blessings. Khandro Thrinlay Chodon will be joined by her ceremonial musicians Kavisha Mazzella and Julian Silburn.
Khandro Thrinlay Chodon
Holder of the authentic Himalayan yogic meditation lineage of her great grandfather Togden Shakya Shri, Khandro Rinpoche is devoted to bringing its relevance alive to us in this modern day of instability and uncertainty.
Sound healer, singer-songwriter, choir leader and composer, celebrating world music and sacred traditions.
Sound healer and performer with traditional training and over 30 years experience with the Yidaki (didgeridoo).
START AND FINISH TIMES
Please plan to arrive by 9.30am to complete the check in process at registration and then settle ready to commence. The day will finish around 5pm.
Local enquiries – text Kavisha on 0412 893355 or email : email@example.com
WHAT TO BRING
- A mat or a meditation cushion you can sit on, and a cushion, scarf, shawl or small tray on which to place any sacred texts.
- Comfortable clothes, swimming costumes and a towel in case it is a hot day.
- A bottle of water and any special dietary requirements you need.
- An offering to the Meditation Master that aligns with your intention and capacity. Place this inside an envelope. Note you will offer this directly to the Meditation Master after having received the transmission and instructions. In the yogic lineage this represents the very authentic bond that is a direct exchange between the Master and student.
- A katak (traditional white ceremonial silk scarf) may also be offered to the Meditation Master. Should you wish there will be some available for purchase on the day.
- Please bring a plate of nutritious food to share for lunch. This food will be shared as part of the meditation practice known as a tsog (feast offering).
TICKETS & REGISTRATION
After registering for the retreat via the tickets below, you will receive 2 emails:
1. Receipt of purchase, with a link to download a PDF containing the retreat details as above.
2. Your Ticket/s with QR code. Please bring this ticket on the day, either on your phone or printed out.
*Please note: in addition to this ticket fee there is also opportunity to make a monetary offering directly to the Meditation Master for the receiving of the transmission and pith instructions. In the yogic lineage this represents the very authentic bond that is a direct exchange between the Master and the student.